Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A little anniversary post

Today, I celebrate my 8 year anniversary with my husband. 8 years. It doesn't seem like a lot of time in the grand scheme of things. In fact, 8 years isn't a lot of time. Life can change in an instant though. 8 years of "life changing" instants make it easy to look back and see just how far we have come together as a couple.

With multiple "homes", cars, and jobs... we keep managing to grow together. I have no fantasy that my marriage is PERFECT.. (Does that even exist? How boring!!), but I do know that after 8 years... we have a good, solid, loving marriage. A marriage that takes constant work and communication to keep alive. A marriage that inspires others to inquire as to how we do it. A marriage that I am PROUD to be living out for my children to see. A marriage that I KNOW is held together in the loving arms of Jesus.

We aren't in this alone. I can look back over our 8 years and tell you clearly how many of those years we tried to do it alone and in our own power. I can tell you that they didn't go well. I can also tell you which years we leaned on Him the most. Trusting Him, waiting on His word for our life, believing that He would guide us and keep us where we needed to be. I'll tell you... and so will my kids. Those years with Him at the driver's seat, have been the best.

Marriage is hard. It doesn't have to be impossible though.

I'm eternally grateful for the man that God placed in my life for this journey. He's an amazing father, husband, and an incredible friend.  I'm excited to see where our next adventure takes us.

Loves!!
Howmp!!

No comments:

Post a Comment