Friday, January 23, 2015

The Music Man

When I was in college, I went through a rough patch.

Like, most kids who think they have it all figured out... college is rough. You start shaping your mind into who you are, aside from your parents and peers influence. Friendships are ended, relationships turn sour, and for some, like me... you find yourself set adrift among the stormy waters of life.

For the most part, I was a good kid. I didn't really drink, I never did drugs, and I wasn't promiscuous. I DID however carry a burden that weighed me down. I spent a lot of time caring what other people thought of me... and as a kid.. trying to become an adult this caused tension. My soul ached, my friendships suffered, and I spent a good majority of time trying to please all of the wrong people, for all of the wrong reasons. I.WAS.STUCK

This mentality left me quite lonely at one point. I knew who I shouldn't spend time with, I had burned a lot of the good bridges I had, and I just needed to hit the reset button.

One friendship I maintained during this time... afforded me exactly that.

With open arms, and an open door this friend was there for me. We spent more nights than I can remember finding the "perfect songs" to fit my mood. All night marathons listening to music, cleansing my inner soul, finding out who I was THROUGH music, is what helped me with my "reset" button, and to this friend I am more thankful than they will ever know.

Thank you Music Man, for being my friend when I really needed one the most. I know I could never return that favor, but I pray for you consistently and hope that some day you come to know the greatest gift of all... The Love and Grace of Jesus Christ. I harped on it then.. and I hope that little seed grows for you some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment