Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year... New Post

I've attempted to blog a million times and I always quit. This might also be the same... deal with it. :)

As I start out this year, I have so many things that I want to accomplish, and so many things from last year that I am trying to finish.. EEK!

On New Years Eve... I got sick. Terribly crummy awful sick. As a crazy type A person, this didn't go so well. My instant thoughts were... OK, but tomorrow I have to finish up my billing at work for the year, take down the Christmas tree, do 7 loads of laundry, sweep the back porch, build Anthony's birthday present.... The list went on and on and on.. until I finally drifted asleep.

Two hours later I was awoken by my sweet little baby: "Mommy, I have yuckies... " In my delirious NyQuil induced state-- I simply shrugged her off to my poor sleeping husband, and my immediate thought was "Great.. there goes tomorrow".

When I woke up, a little less delirious, I checked on my poor sweet baby and we both felt yucky together.

We spent the ENTIRE day cuddled up on the couch. During this lazy relaxing time I felt great. I know there were a million things I should have been doing.. or that needed to be done (thanks to my sweet husband some of them did get done), but God was revealing something to me. BE STILL, It's OK to not always have everything done. 

I think that's going to be an ongoing trend with me in 2014. Finding the right balance between God, family, kids, work, friends, and self.

May 2014 be the best year yet!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment